Hm... Interesting idea... Since access is necessary only to smb.conf than probably changing share's path to
'path = /etc/samba' could be a better alternative...

But then again.. how 'add/change/delete share commands' will know that this particular user has access to this [config] share even if path is left as '/'? So, it probably won't work via those commands - user will need to edit smb.conf by hand while accessing it via the [config] share.

Igor

David Rankin wrote:

This will work:

[config]
       comment = Admin Share
       path = /
       valid users = theusername
       force user = root
       force group = theusergroup
       admin users = theusername
       writeable = Yes

**** W A R N I N G **** whoever 'theusername' is will have complete access
to all files listed in or below the path directory (your entire box as shown
above). If you can limit the path to say /home or wherever the files of
concern are, you would be much better off.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin * Bertin, PLLC