Hi Felix,
have you checked if your users have the writing
permission to
/samba/profile in native linux?
Regards
Felix Knoblach schrieb:
Hi,

I'm still sitting fighting with this problem here I mentioned a little while ago. Say, it can't be that you need to add PDC users on every workstation if you want to have them working with admin-accounts (which they seem to need in order to be able to save their profiles on the PDC), can it? Any ideas?

Felix

Greetings,

I'm running desperate on a problem with my windows user profiles here, searched the net and read the docus alot but still no luck.

I've got an running Samba domain, an existing windows 2000 machine can log into the domain properly. Furthermore, a test account is made aswell, and the 2k machine is able to log in with that account. Now, my problem is: When I try to change windows settings (like switch active desktop to "on") or delete/rename icons from my desktop, log out and in again, all changes are undone like they've been not saved on the server. But if I create new icons on the desktop and relog, those are still there.

Additionally, when I right-click in some folder and choose "New->" there's only "Folder" and "Link" to choose where you would expect things like new text file etc.

Now, when I log in locally on the client as admin and add an domain-user with the same name as my test user on the server, log out and back in on the domain again, then it's possible to delete/rename icons on the desktop, settings like active desktop can't be changed at all still though.

Access permissions on the home-folder of the user seem fine, I've even tried mask 0777 just to see if it would work.

Sorry for the long story, but maybe somebody is able to recognize the problem. I'm really running out of ideas what to try next...

Thanks alot

Felix

---------- Append: My original smb.conf

# Global parameters [global] # Base Options workgroup = SAMBA netbios name = PDC server string = Samba %v (PDC) @ biomax.de interfaces = eth0

# Security Options
security = user
#encypted passwords = yes
update encrypted = Yes
passdb backend = smbpasswd
unix password sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *successfully*
allow trusted domains = yes
# password server = ALBERICH
password server = PDC

        # Logging Options
        log level = 2
        log file = /var/log.%m

        # Tuning Options
        deadtime = 15

# Logon Options
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g ntclient -s /bin/false -M %u
logon script = logon.bat
logon path = \\%L\profile\%u
logon home = \\%N\%U
logon drive = Z: