I'm about ready to smash my head through a wall...I could use a few answers.

1. When using security = ads, and completing net ads join, it was my understanding that samba authenticated username/pword against ads, and local posix accounts were nolonger needed, is this true?

2. If yes, I have not been able to get it to work. If I have a posix user account with the same name as one in ADS, even if pwords are different, I can log on to the samba server. If no identical posix/ADS account exists on the samba server, then I cannot connect. Any ideas as to where to look would be very helpful, as I am at a complete as to what to do at this point.