Edward Wissner wrote:

What did you change in your smb.conf file?

Well, I managed to get samba to authenticate, however, continued winbindd problems make the setup worthless. Group searches fail, or are incomplete. Domain users and groups list without domain id. net groupmap fails. Attempts to re-join via "net ads join" fail.

If your interested, I have copied all the relevant config files here:

_*smb.conf:*_

workgroup = FSK
realm = FSKLAW.NET
server string = SSERVER
netbios name = SSERVER
security = ADS
client schannel = Yes
server schannel = Yes
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://w2000.fsklaw.net
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
dns proxy = No
ldap admin dn = cn=Administrator,cn=users,DC=fsklaw,DC=net
ldap suffix = DC=fsklaw,DC=net
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
winbind separator = /
winbind enum users = No
winbind enum groups = No
winbind use default domain = Yes
dos filemode = Yes
acl compatibility = win2k
       inherit acls = yes
       inherit permissions = yes

[FSK]
  path = /home/FSK
  public = yes
  only guest = no
  browseable = yes
  writeable = yes
  printable = no
  create mask = 0777
  force create mode = 0777
  force directory mode = 0777
  directory security mask = 0777

_*ldap.conf:
*_
host w2000.fsklaw.net
base dc=fsklaw,dc=net
ldap_version 3
URI ldaps:w2000.fsklaw.net
scope sub
pam_login_attribute Administrator
pam_password md5
idle_timelimit 3600
nss_base_passwd cn=Users,dc=fsklaw,dc=net?one
nss_base_group cn=Users,dc=fsklaw,dc=net?one
ssl on
TLS_CACERT /etc/CA/fsk.pem
tls_ciphers TLSv1
sasl_secprops maxssf=0
krb5_ccname FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0

_*nsswitch.conf:
*_
passwd: files winbind
shadow: files winbind
group: files winbind
hosts: dns winbind ldap files nis
automount: files winbind ldap nisplus
aliases: files winbind ldap nisplus

_*krb5.conf:*_

[logging]
default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log

[libdefaults]
ticket_lifetime = 24000
default_realm = FSKLAW.NET
dns_lookup_realm = false
dns_lookup_kdc = false
default_etypes = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
default_etypes_des = des-cbc-crc des-cbc-md5
default_keytab-name = FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab
[realms]

FSKLAW.NET = {
 kdc = KERBEROS.FSKLAW.NET
 admin_server = w2000.fsklaw.net
 default_domain= fsklaw.net
}

[domain_realm]
.fsklaw.net = FSKLAW.NET
fsklaw.net = FSKLAW.NET
.FSKLAW.NET = FSKLAW.NET
.kerberos.server = KERBEROS.FSKLAW.NET
[kdc]
profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[pam]
debug = false
ticket_lifetime = 36000
renew_lifetime = 36000
forwardable = true
krb4_convert = false

_*pam.d/login:
*_
#
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/pam.d/login,v 1.16 2003/06/14 12:35:05 des Exp $
#
# PAM configuration for the "login" service
#

# auth
auth  required pam_nologin.so  no_warn
auth  sufficient pam_self.so  no_warn
auth  include  system
auth  sufficient /usr/local/lib/pam_winbind.so
# account
account  requisite pam_securetty.so
account  include  system
account  sufficient /usr/local/lib/pam_winbind.so

# session
session  include  system

# password
password include  system