At 06:00 PM 5/4/2007, simo wrote:
Sorry for the problem, this slipped through during recent patches to fix
the sid checking layer violation and the idmap offline code.

No problem.

I may have another for you, however. This patch enables me to successfully restore when using a tdb backend. However, when using idmap_ldap, it seems that winbind is opening a connection to the ldap server and not closing it for many updates/queries.

When I try 'net idmap restore' when using idmap_ldap, the command will plug away until the ldap server starts complaining "accept(8) failed errno=24 (Too many open files)". netstat -aln shows around 1000 open connections from winbind on another system. (The one with 3.0.25rc3+)

When "watching" netstat on the ldap server system, each query to winbind that one would expect it to talk to the ldap server generates a new TCP session which hangs around until winbind is restarted. (Granted, I have not wait more than 10 minutes yet, but this seems a bit extreme...) For instance, after winbindd restart, the first 'getent passwd user1' request opens a session. Running that command again does not. (Cached) Running 'getent passwd user2' opens another session, etc. This occurs whether the UID is already present, or if it needs to be added new.

If you need more information on any of this, just let me know. It seems so close... ;-)

Cheers,
-D

Don Meyer                                           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Network Manager, ACES Academic Computing Facility
Technical System Manager, ACES TeleNet System
UIUC College of ACES, Information Technology and Communication Services

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759