Hi,

You don’t need to do anything. The environment should be set up by default when
you install java. What do you get if run ‘java -version’ in the terminal? If
all is well it’ll report the current version of java.

Also when defining an environment variable in bash don’t prefix the name with
‘$’ e.g.

export   JAVA_HOME=/Library/etc…

Cheers,

Chris