On 22/09/2014 19:35, Andreas Schneider wrote:
On 21.09.2014 21:28, Stef wrote:
what does 'sane-find-scanner' reports ? You could also send data form lsusb.
Apart from what Alex already wrote (Chip GL848+), I tried a naive approach of duplicating the Genesys_Model canon_lide_200_model and registering it according to the device ID. It was just a stab in the dark, since the 200 used the same chip (apparently). Unfortunately, some control sequences must have changed, because:

    > scanimage
    scanimage: open of device genesys:libusb:001:004 failed: Error
    during device I/O

(I don't have a full development environment for SANE; I just changed the source, rebuilt the package and installed it. Full debugging is therefore not easily possible for me.)

Is there an easy way to capture device IO on Windows? (... where the scanner works) That way I could give you a dump of the traffic that you can look at (I guess you have a practiced eye for the control data :-))

Best regards,
Andreas
    Hello,

you can try wireshark and export USB dump to text. I'll try to do something of it. On Windows XP i used usbsnoop for USB recording.

Regards,
    Stef