On 01/07/2015 19:23, John Weber wrote:

On 06/29/2015 01:57 PM, Stef wrote:

     Hello,

     I was expecting something like that.

     All DBG_io2 a mere traces, and I don't see how much they slow down
things. Since I don't have this kind of problem on my hardware, I need
your help. I don't see no other approach than trial and error.

     1 - compile sources
     2 - set logs to 7
     3 - check that scanner is working with compiled sources and the log
level
     4 - change a line where there is DBG_io2 level in DBG_data so it
isn't traced any more, write down the line number
     5 - compile and run, if it is still working, go to step 4 and
change one more debug trace
     6 - since it isn't working anymore, you have find where a pause
must be set, please send it to me

Hi Stef,

Your more precise instructions including the "runit" script got me through step 3. I confirmed that it's broken with logs at 6 and works with logs at 7. Now I'm stuck at step 4. What file contains the lines to be changed? I grepped and found several files that contain these strings. I guess I need more precise instructions, but I'm confident I can follow them.

jweber@Dindi:sane-backends$ egrep -rl "DBG_data|DBG_io2" *
backend/p5.c
backend/genesys_gl846.c
backend/genesys_low.c
backend/rts88xx_lib.h
backend/genesys_gl843.c
backend/genesys_conv.c
backend/genesys_gl646.c
backend/rts8891_low.c
backend/genesys_low.h
backend/genesys_gl841.c
backend/genesys_gl124.c
backend/rts8891_low.h
backend/rts8891.c
backend/genesys.c
backend/p5_device.c
backend/genesys_gl847.c
backend/p5_device.h
backend/rts88xx_lib.c

Thanks,
John

    Hello,

    the file to modify is backend/genesys_low.c

    For instance, line 251 turn :
DBG( DBG_io2, "sanei_genesys_read_hregister(0x%02x)=0x%02x\n",reg,*val);

into:
DBG( DBG_data, "sanei_genesys_read_hregister(0x%02x)=0x%02x\n",reg,*val);

Regards,
    Stef