Hi everybody,

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Romain Beauxis <to...@rastageeks.org> wrote:
> As discussed on IRC, there may be a problem with the sky() operator,
> which is a complex use of filters, splitting the source into 3
> different one, applying different compressions and merging them back
> using add().

Thanks for pointing this out. I can confirm that everything goes as
expected (from the developer viewpoint): you _can_ skip through the
sky() operator, but the operator merges tracks (this is a known side
effect of add()).

I have tested both claims as follows:
  liquidsoap 'output.dummy(id="out",fallible=true,
    sky(playlist("~/jazz"))) add_timeout(3.,{
ignore(server.execute("out.skip")) ; 3. })'
  liquidsoap 'clock.assign_new(sync=false,[
    output.dummy(id="out",fallible=true,
      on_track(fun(m)->log("NEW TRACK
#{m[\"filename\"]}"),sky(playlist("~/jazz"))))])'

The first tests shows successful track changes every 3 seconds. The
second one shows only NEW TRACK for the first file, then new files are
used but no new track is issued. Note that the second test uses the
brand new clock API only available in HG.

> As a temporary work around, I proposed to lookup if there were any
> LADSPA plugins that would do the job.

Sounds sensible. We could try to make add() respect tracks, this could
work in the case where all sources have the same track limits (which
is the case with three children sources which are filters of the same
original source) but this would not be a very uniform/predicatable
behavior.

Cheers,
--
David