From: Gunnar Peterson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:55 AM
To: McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT); Secure Mailing List
Subject: Re: [SC-L] Compilers

Sure it should be built into the language, and I assume it will be eventually.
Heck it only took 30 or 40 years for people to force developers to use
Try...Catch blocks.

-gp

On 12/21/06 9:30 AM, "McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have been noodling the problem space of secure coding after attending a
wonderful class taught by Ken Van Wyk. I have been casually checking out
Fortify, Ounce Labs, etc and have a thought that this stuff should really be
part of the compiler and not a standalone product. Understanding that folks do
start companies to make up deficiencies in what large vendors ignore, how far
off base in my thinking am I?

destroy all copies.