At 12:13 AM -0400 11/2/07, Mark Rockman wrote:

> The adolescent minds that engage in "exploits" wouldn't know COBOL if a
>printout fell out a window and onto their heads.  I'm sure you can write
>COBOL programs that crash, but it must be hard to make them take control
>of the operating system.

Of course if a program is able to take control of the operating system,
either:

        A. The operating system is at fault (typically not COBOL)

        B. The program is installed with special privileges

Just feeding bad parameters to a system call is inadquate to suborn
a well-constructed operating system.
--
Larry Kilgallen