My final paper for my masters degree was on how some vulnerabilities
manifest themselves, or fail to manifest, in different programming
languages. I included C, C++, Java, Perl, and Standard ML. The title
of the paper is "Implications of Programming Language Selection On
the Construction of Secure Software Systems." You can find a link to
it at my work web page:
http://www.isi.edu/~cward/papers/LMU/index.html.

One of the points I was trying to make in the paper is that the
security attributes of a programming language were also important to
take into consideration when selecting a language for a particular
task. I'm glad that you're incorporating this into your process.

Craig

--
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"If a program has not been specified, it cannot be incorrect; it can