Hi Michael,

> So, unfortunately for the WAF vendors, people can just use a static source
> code analysis tool or a web application vulnerability scanner instead of
> purchasing and deploying a WAF.

I don't know much about PCI 6.6 (yet), but don't the organizations
have to mitigate the vulnerabilities found? (fix, bear or transfer
risk, use a different security control..) Surely one just doesn't have
to just run the tool... I am guessing that WAFs can mitigate a
considerable amount of these vulnerabilities. Automated tools suck at
finding business logic flaws which just so happens to be a WAF's
supposed weakness, too.

So to me it seems to be a perfect marriage: automated tools that can
only find bugs and WAFs that can only fix bugs :-)

Stephen