hi sc-l,

We all know that justifying our activities from a business perspective is
essential to a healthy and successful software security initiative.  Real data
helps.  In the Boardroom, numbers are king.

Jim Routh (CSO of KPMG and ex CSO of DTCC) and I wrote this month's informIT
article about demonstrating software security business value at DTCC.  This is
a case study of one very successful software security initiative.

How DTCC Builds Better Software and at a Lower Cost
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1357183

For more about DTCC's software security initiative, also listen to Reality
Check episode 2:
http://www.cigital.com/realitycheck/show-002/

As always, we welcome your feedback.

gem