On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Chris Schmidt <chrisisb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 2, 2011, at 10:44 AM, "Goertzel, Karen [USA]" <goertzel_ka...@bah.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> What we need is to start building software that can fight back. Then we
>> could become part of "cyber warfare" which is much sexier than "software
>> assurance". :)
>
> Simple. Owasp esapi + owasp appsensor + honeypot = win

I'd still consider that defensive. If you want" cyber warfare" and are willing
to go over to the dark side, you can define your own custom AppSensor response
actionsto act offensively. For instance, you could easily try to
download malware
to the attacker or mount a DoS attack against them.

Personally, I don't recommend such escalation though, even if it is a
tit-for-tat
strategy. Reacting in that manner is likely to make you a criminal as well.

-kevin
We *cause* accidents."        -- Nathaniel Borenstein