I think I've figured this out. There is a multi-minute delay between all instances going up, and Scalr's DNS adding the mysql hostnames. So I'll just have to wait until the DNS stuff is up. Problem was... I had a script to launch worker bee processes in rc.local, which rely on the mysql hostname existing. I'll just have to not launch that process at startup, and wait 10 minutes instead.
On Oct 24, 12:10 pm, rjurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > btw, this is using Scalr's paid service. > > Do I need to reconfigure the DNS of the app image to use Scalr's DNS > servers? I think its set for Amazon's? > > On Oct 24, 11:22 am, rjurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > Actually, thats not it. The MySQL server will be up - I can reach it > > via ssh. All the servers are up before I ever mess with any of them. > > The UI will indicate that DNS is set but... I can't dig int-mysql or > > ext-mysql or ping them. The problem sometimes resolves itself in a > > few minutes, sometimes not. There seems to be a delay in DNS setup > > for my app? Is that normal? > > > On Oct 24, 10:34 am, Nickolas Toursky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > > Instances are being launched simultaneously but initialization time is > > > different for each of them. > > > So it is possible that app instance initialized while the mysql one is > > > not yet. > > > I advise you to increase timeout before running application or use > > > hostUp event handler to be sure the MySQL server was initialized. > > > > On Oct 24, 5:55 am, rjurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > > > About half the time my app fails to work when I instantiate a farm, > > > > because the int-mysql, int-mysql-master, ext-mysql, and ext-mysql- > > > > master hostnames are not setup. > > > > > They do appear in the DNS management UI. They just don't resolve, so > > > > my app dies. > > > > > What to do? Is this a known bug? --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "scalr-discuss" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/scalr-discuss?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
