Thats not a bad idea.  I just used DNS as it was in the FAQ, and was
the simplest way to get our app up and running on the farm.

On Oct 24, 3:40 pm, Steve Roussey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Rather than DNS, why not have scalr write to the hosts file of all the
> machines when there are changes to the farm?
>
> On Oct 24, 10:30 am, rjurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Appreciate your prompt response and analysis.
>
> > In the meantime I'm going to eval{} my DBI instantiation, so my worker
> > bees can handle the hostname exceptions.
>
> > On Oct 24, 1:14 pm, Alex Kovalyov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > Confirming - this is a bug.
> > > Scalr application segfaults after locking the DNS zone for update 
> > > (instance
> > > that is launched first does this). Segfaults happen few times a day, 
> > > mostly
> > > on your farm.
>
> > > The process that verifies DNS zones consistency runs every 6 minutes.
> > > We're going to analyze core dumps and find out what causes this.
>
> > > On 24.10.08 19:10, "rjurney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > > btw, this is using Scalr's paid service.
>
> > > > Do I need to reconfigure the DNS of the app image to use Scalr's DNS
> > > > servers?  I think its set for Amazon's?
>
> > > > On Oct 24, 11:22 am, rjurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > >> Actually, thats not it.  The MySQL server will be up - I can reach it
> > > >> via ssh.  All the servers are up before I ever mess with any of them.
> > > >> The UI will indicate that DNS is set but... I can't dig int-mysql or
> > > >> ext-mysql or ping them.  The problem sometimes resolves itself in a
> > > >> few minutes, sometimes not.  There seems to be a delay in DNS setup
> > > >> for my app?  Is that normal?
>
> > > >> On Oct 24, 10:34 am, Nickolas Toursky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > >>> Instances are being launched simultaneously but initialization time is
> > > >>> different for each of them.
> > > >>> So it is possible that app instance initialized while the mysql one is
> > > >>> not yet.
> > > >>> I advise you to increase timeout before running application or use
> > > >>> hostUp event handler to be sure the MySQL server was initialized.
>
> > > >>> On Oct 24, 5:55 am, rjurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > >>>> About half the time my app fails to work when I instantiate a farm,
> > > >>>> because the int-mysql, int-mysql-master, ext-mysql, and ext-mysql-
> > > >>>> master hostnames are not setup.
>
> > > >>>> They do appear in the DNS management UI.  They just don't resolve, so
> > > >>>> my app dies.
>
> > > >>>> What to do?  Is this a known bug?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"scalr-discuss" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/scalr-discuss?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to