Actually, this time when I launch the application/farm both mysql
(master and slave) are int-mysql-master and int-mysql (also ext-*).
Which breaks everything.

On Oct 24, 8:06 pm, rjurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, found this out:
>
> When I 'synchronize to all' on one of the mysql servers, when things
> finish and the new instances are up... both are master.  Both are int-
> mysql and int-mysql-master.  Before 'synchronize to all' master is int-
> mysql/int-myqsl-master and slave is int-mysql.
>
> On Oct 24, 7:28 pm, rjurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Ok, terminated and restarted farm, and I think the DNS is acting right
> > - I have mysql master and slave, and int-mysql-master goes to master,
> > int-mysql goes to slave.
>
> > Don't know exactly what happened, why it works now and not last
> > launch.  But the Application/Edit DNS UI now shows the DNS being
> > correct.  Will post more info as I get it.
>
> > On Oct 24, 6:38 pm, rjurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > I think this is a new bug?  When I spawn both master/slave instances
> > > on MySQL, int-mysql and int-mysql-master both point to the master and
> > > the slave.  This is messing things up, because my app got the slave as
> > > the DB to write to, and the master as the DB to read from.  So there
> > > is no throughput... read processes are reading an empty queue, and
> > > write processes are writing to slave where nobody is looking.
>
> > > Shouldn't int-mysql point to the slaves (and only slaves), and int-
> > > mysql-master point to only to the master?
>
> > > On Oct 24, 1:14 pm, Alex Kovalyov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > > Confirming - this is a bug.
> > > > Scalr application segfaults after locking the DNS zone for update 
> > > > (instance
> > > > that is launched first does this). Segfaults happen few times a day, 
> > > > mostly
> > > > on your farm.
>
> > > > The process that verifies DNS zones consistency runs every 6 minutes.
> > > > We're going to analyze core dumps and find out what causes this.
>
> > > > On 24.10.08 19:10, "rjurney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > > > btw, this is using Scalr's paid service.
>
> > > > > Do I need to reconfigure the DNS of the app image to use Scalr's DNS
> > > > > servers?  I think its set for Amazon's?
>
> > > > > On Oct 24, 11:22 am, rjurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > > >> Actually, thats not it.  The MySQL server will be up - I can reach it
> > > > >> via ssh.  All the servers are up before I ever mess with any of them.
> > > > >> The UI will indicate that DNS is set but... I can't dig int-mysql or
> > > > >> ext-mysql or ping them.  The problem sometimes resolves itself in a
> > > > >> few minutes, sometimes not.  There seems to be a delay in DNS setup
> > > > >> for my app?  Is that normal?
>
> > > > >> On Oct 24, 10:34 am, Nickolas Toursky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > > >>> Instances are being launched simultaneously but initialization time 
> > > > >>> is
> > > > >>> different for each of them.
> > > > >>> So it is possible that app instance initialized while the mysql one 
> > > > >>> is
> > > > >>> not yet.
> > > > >>> I advise you to increase timeout before running application or use
> > > > >>> hostUp event handler to be sure the MySQL server was initialized.
>
> > > > >>> On Oct 24, 5:55 am, rjurney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > > >>>> About half the time my app fails to work when I instantiate a farm,
> > > > >>>> because the int-mysql, int-mysql-master, ext-mysql, and ext-mysql-
> > > > >>>> master hostnames are not setup.
>
> > > > >>>> They do appear in the DNS management UI.  They just don't resolve, 
> > > > >>>> so
> > > > >>>> my app dies.
>
> > > > >>>> What to do?  Is this a known bug?
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"scalr-discuss" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/scalr-discuss?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to