Once more I'll give this a little nudge. How does Scalrs support for
"zone transfers" help me use GoDaddy for DNS?

There's at least more person interested in this and I'm sure if more
of the European users looked at their trace route between Europe and
Scalrs nameservers they'd be keen to use European name servers as
well!


On Feb 18, 3:34 am, Hareem Haque <[email protected]> wrote:
> +1 for a idiot friendly explanation. I also would like to run my farm
> via the Godaddy DNS, rather then move the domain over to the Scalr.net
> nameservers.
>
> On Feb 17, 10:58 am, "[email protected]"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Sorry to bang on about this. Can someone expand on what zone transfer
> > actually does and whether it allows me to manage DNS from within
> >Europe? I really want to remove cross Atlantic hops.
>
> > TIA.
>
> > On Feb 6, 4:20 pm, "[email protected]"
>
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Thanks, when I looked at the "zone transfers" link I wasn't entirely
> > > sure if that was what I wanted. Very simply does that let me manage
> > > all DNS via GoDaddy (for example)? If so is there any help on doing
> > > this?
>
> > > TIA.
>
> > > On Feb 6, 4:13 pm, Nickolas Toursky <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > > For now, Scalr supports zone transfers to your nameservers.
> > > > European DNS management is on our to-do.
>
> > > > On Feb 2, 5:25 pm, "[email protected]"
>
> > > > <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > > > Hi,
>
> > > > > Now it's possible to setup EC2 inEuropeis there any chance of either
> > > > > (a) scalr introducing european dns management, (b) being able to use
> > > > > our own DNS?
>
> > > > > The obvious reason is that we incur more hops and higher latency
> > > > > between hops when using US based DNS.
>
> > > > > Thanks,
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"scalr-discuss" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/scalr-discuss?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to