Hi Amit,

I just tested this and had no issues following the tutorial while using
Ubuntu 14.04 for the Webapp role.  Did you receive errors in your system or
orchestration logs?

1.  Check your Orchestration Logs.  In my test chef bootstrap logs show
solo.rb in
/var/lib/scalarizr/tasks/be831cb04b2c43bc8b2eed01f1735995/001-chef.solo/data/solo.rb

2. It sounds like there may have been issues when launching and
bootstrapping your instance.  Check the system and orchestration logs for
errors that may have prevented successful deployment.

3. The Chef version is based on the version bundled in your image.  If you
wish to use another version you will need to create a new image/role with
your desired application version.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support