As you are aware Pascal submitted an application to gain control of Scid.

I objected to this to Sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1658454&group_id=1&atid=200001

and have received this back:

"I have marked the takeover request as denied (at least for now), and
mentioned both the sub-problems in the project's description."

(I think he means sub-projects).

Looking carefully one sees Scid's description

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scid/

has now been changed to:

"Scid is a chess database application (cross-platform, for Unix/Linux
and Windows) with many search and database maintenance features. Two
related projects you may find interesting: .....
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/ ..... http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/";

I would like to see something on the Scid homepage

http://scid.sourceforge.net/

as the text on the summary page is small. But it is progress at least.

I was going to ask nicely if Sourceforge staff would add the following
to the Scid homepage, it is OK with others (including Pascal of course)

Does Michal have access and feel comfortable about making such a change?
That would be better.

Anyway, this is what I was thinking of proposing.

_______________________________________
_______________________________________-

*** News - February 2007  ***

Although there have not been any recent versions of Scid released by
Shane, admiration for Shane's work is very high. Two groups have
developed Scid further. These projects can be found at <link to ChessDB>
and <link to Scid-pg> (Neither developer has the slightest objection if
Shane wishes to remove this comment).

Note

1) I make no reference to forks, since whether you believe Scid-pg
and/or ChessDB are a fork depends on ones view and a small addition to a
web site is mot a good place to debate that one.

2) There should be no reference to specific changes, as those would soon
be outdated.

3) I feel it needs to be short and sweet - just let people know of
ChessDB's and Scid-pg's existence and let them find out what they want.

4) We should make it clear we don't mind Shane removing it.

5) I'm open to a better wording.

I suspect if something could be agreed on between myself and Pascal, and
others feel it is reasonable too, we might be able to get Sourceforge
staff to make the change. Or if someone here is able to do it, all the
better,