Hi, It's me again.

Just want to introduce myself properly and say how I intend to help
with the documentation.

I'm 66, retired from the North Sea Oilfields and never done any never
done any programming. Documentation would seem to be the best way for
me to contribute to the scid project.

For many years I would not touch Windows and used Debian based systems
and then OpenBSD so I was delighted when Brian Callaghan ported scid
to OpenBSD. His first port was when had not been progressed for some
time and was still using the 3rd generation database system i.e.
".si3" index files etc. I was finding it difficult as a user
restarting chess after 27 years away from the game. So I switched to
Windows and the fork Scid vs. PC and 4th generation databases.

I'm well chuffed you've taken up development again and I can move back
to OpenBSD. (I keep my  databases on a FAT32 drive so that they can be
read and written by both operating systems.)

In the OpenBSD project a lack of proper documentation is considered to
be a serious bug. Everything there defaults to very carefully crafted
and kept up to date man pages in the base operating system. External
ports are another matter. I know very well that lagging documentation
is par for the course in all Linux systems.

So it is splendid that you folks have got Scid under development
again. I think what I should do is to offer suggestions for updating
the in-built help system to reflect the present situation and perhaps
give the same in the wiki but add annotated screen-shots.

Must go. I am summoned.
I'll be back either here or on a wiki page.
Cheers
Moss