1. I'm using scid on Ubuntu Linux 19.04. The web site used to have a document for installing the latest there? I no longer see this. Don't remember how I previously installed it.

2. I'm sure I've been using scid suboptimally but can't figure out the right way. I've mainly been working with .pgn files. Lately I wonder what is the function of "saving" the database? It creates no files that I can see. Where is the function that saves the "clipbase" database to disk? And so, even though I dutifully "save" the database, I have to also export a game to a .pgn file to retain my work. What am I missing?

3. The Import.html help file mentions a program called pgnscid, but it doesn't seem to exist on my system. Where should it be?