Hi,
We've made some release candidates for 4.19, so please test them.
  http://scidvspc.sourceforge.net/index.html#toc3
No really big new features. Stockfish 9 plays a lot nicer with ScidvsPC and
has been included, and have also included Paul's nicest piece-set too. Here
is the changelog,
cheers, Steven

4.19 (March 15, 2018)

    New 'Default Databases' feature (Options->Save Bases as Default)
    CQL 5.2 search feature (Search->CQL). Thanks Lionel and CQL authors
    General search can now match any (non-hidden) pre-game or final move
Comment
    Export Scid Flags feature
    Big speed up for bulk Strip Comments/Variations feature. (Also make the
'Stop' button work)
    Improvements to loading games at the correct position (resolve a
conflict between the tree window and search results), and small Tree
speed-up
    Remove 'Magnetic' for Paul's chess pieces. New 'Ascii' chess pieces
(thanks HGM), and 'Green' colour scheme
    New Turkish translation (thanks Ali Sen)

    Right-clicking button bar changes, including right-click Window button
shows Splash window
    Some tree tweaks and doco updates, and tree Fast+Slow mode now doesn't
break the win/lose graph
    Tweak progress bar update frequencies (base export, game copy)
    OS X has a faster build
    New Windows build system from Oz
    A new script, 'sc_filter_pgn', which filters multiple PGN files for
games matching a certain position
    FICS - Offers Graph is disabled while playing a game. Change the censor
button a little, and control+censor censors person chatting to you
    Escape key in main board cancels piece dragging/move
    Input engine fixes (DGT board). Widget now resizes ok, and bitmaps
display properly on OS X. Thanks to Davy De Roeck for debugging it on OS X

 Bug Fixes
    Fixes regarding other language piece letters
    Fix up showing the first gamelist/game in searches
    Fix up the days of the months in the calender widget
    Fix up window placement on multi display desktops
    Best games 'Reset Column titles' was broke
    sc_game startPos segfaults if !HasNonStandardStart