Hi,
Recently someone drew my attention to our window engine process code.
At the moment, we run all windows engines at a reduced priority.
This code was probably introduced at some stage to compensate for
stockfish's tendancy to totally hog all system resources somehow,
possibly only by defaulting to 4 threads, but maybe some other tricks.
It was causing problems on windows - the GUI just wasn't getting an
adequate CPU slot from the operating system to handle all engine messages,
causing breakages.

But recently, Stockfish seems to behave much better in this regard,
and our windows testing is quite ordinary anwyay, so i am not sure of the
status/need for this code anymore.

Do any windows users have the chance to test the below change
  set analysis(lowPriority) 0
and/or contribute to the discussion. Of course ScidvsPC and TCL have too
much latency to be a proper engine testing/tournament platform, but maybe
this kludge/restriction is no longer necessary with modern
Stockfish/Windows systems.

regards, Steven