Here are two (windows) scid.guis. You can download them, then copy them
over the "scid.gui" in your windows32/windows64 installs.
NB - they may only work with english (not foreign languages)

The first is with Pascal's monster of an opening trainer.
Play>Training->OpeningTrainer

https://sourceforge.net/projects/scidvspc/files/windows-beta/scid-4.21-withSCIDsOpeningTrainer.zip/download
I don't think this will ever get used / developed more though.

The second is basically just a tweak to the tree training feature that
enables trial mode when the tree training is enabled
and lets you wander back and forth in an opening ,  responding to user
moves, and hiding the tree moves
(though game moves *are* still visible if Adjust-Tree is selected and "Next
Moves" are shown in the gamelist).
It's probably the closest that we'll ever get to an opening trainer, so any
feedback about this is welcome.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/scidvspc/files/windows-beta/scid-4.21-newTreeTraining.zip/download

cheers, S.A