Hi

> It would be nice to be able to change the order of the games in the
database manually. Obviously it is possible to sort the DB by some
criteria, but sometimes it would be helpful to manually rearrange the order
of games.

Yes, this is a very reasonable request. But problems i see are -

Shane designed Scids Database for speed and compactness, with very little
data constructs for handling order.
I am not super familiar with our DB backend data structures.
Our gamelist / filter / search / tree code is complicated already, and
would need to be overhauled.
Our database integrity and bug-free codebase should be well respected.
There exist implementation questions ? Do we write new file order to disk
after every game swap/rearrange ,
merely make order changes temporary, or run/increase the risk of system
fallover permanently breaking databases ?

So unless some C++ / DB guru has a few solid man-months or more to spare
:), I don't think this will ever be addressed.
Our clipbase *is* clunky, but may have to be sufficient. One plus i see is
that operations of the type you describe are generally done on small data
sets. Enabling them to be done on 6 million game databases may be not
worthwhile/feasible or desirable.

cheers Steven