Hi Steve. Thanks for scid-vs-pc and the work you do.

It would be nice to be able to change the order of the games in the database
manually. Obviously it is possible to sort the DB by some criteria, but
sometimes it would be helpful to manually rearrange the order of games.

For example, I sometimes use scid-vs-pc to create and maintain files of tactics
problems or endgame positions to study. Suppose I have 100 problems, each as
its own game in a DB. I now decide that I would like to have the 97th problem
become the 85th problem. There is no game criteria I can sort by, I just want
game 97 to move up to position 85. As far as I know, the fastest and most
reliable way to do this right now is to set the filter to include the first 84
games, move those to clipbase, set the filter to game 97, move that to
clipbase, set the filter to everything other than games 1-84 and game 97, and
move all that to the clipbase, delete all the original games and then move
everything back from clipbase! This is both slow and error prone. I have
sometimes messed up collections of puzzles by getting some step wrong.

In Chess Assistant it is possible to just highlight a game in the game list and
use some keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Arrow maybe?) and change the order of games in
the DB just like that. I don't need it to be that convenient, but even being
able to select a game (e.g. #97), select a menu option to reassign game number,
and enter a number (e.g. 85) would be nice. This is fairly fundamental to DB
use and maintenance, so I don't think it's a frivolous request. Thanks for
considering.

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) Secure Email.