Uriel,
Welcome to the community.
To answer your questions - yes, open to everyone. Yes, right choice. No, no
financial cost (aka license ), but usually a  (steep) learning curve and
lots of patience required to figure out what is not working. And you will
find this group been very helpful,  if you are willing to put work in
(solving your own problems).
Cheers.