On 08/01/2017 11:17 AM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
Hi All,

Twice now in a month, on booting up my SL 7.3 computer,
after entering my LUKS passphrase, it freezes
at "Disabling IRQ 16".  <ctrl>alt><f2> doesn't
do a thing. Everything is frozen.  The one fingered
reset works.

Am I starting to lose my motherboard or is this a "feature"
of 7.3?

Many thanks,
-T

I tried adding "irqpoll" to my kernel run line (grub.cfg).

After rebooting, I noticed that right after "Disabling IRQ16", I got an "irq18 nobody cares (try booting with irqpoll option)". Then it ran for a bit and OH NO "Kernel panic: CPU 4 PID 0 comm: swapper/4 tainted" and my keyboard's light started flashing.

The kernel panic reproduced twice before I removed "irqpoll" and I was able to boot again.

Did this tell us something?