Title: Message
Heard about this one? Sounds a little more serious than Sorbo's outing, as it deals with the aftermath of Hercules having killed his own children.  I'll guess I'll have to check it out. My wife already commented that "at least they finally got a dark-haired Hercules with real muscles". She could never get with Sorbo due to his brownish hair and slim physique. That muscled, curly-haired dude from the '50s Hercules flicks set the standard to her mind.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Hercules/
He was the slave that defied the gods. The hero who won the people. The man who became a legend. From Emmy Award winning executive producer Robert Halmi Sr. ("The Odyssey," "Gulliver's Travels," "Merlin") comes this epic tale based on the spectacular exploits of Hercules, the super-strong figure fathered by the supreme Greek god Zeus.

The three-hour movie event, filmed amid the breathtaking scenery of New Zealand, follows Hercules who, after killing his three sons, is compelled to redeem himself by performing 12 heroic labors - including slaying the multi-headed Hydra and the dreaded Nemean lion.

With groundbreaking special effects, "Hercules" is the definitive re-telling of the most famous myth of all - the story of a half-god, half-man whose extraordinary feats of strength would elevate him to the status of legend on Earth and immortality in the heavens.

Paul Telfer stars as the legendary Greek hero, while Sean Astin portrays Linus, Hercules' music instructor and best friend, while Sobieski plays Deianeira, Hercules' lover. Perkins portrays Hercules' mother, Alcmene, and Dalton stars as the strongman's stepfather, Amphitryon.

Emmy and DGA Award winner Roger Young ("Bitter Harvest," "Murder in Mississippi") directs from a screenplay by Charles Edward Pogue ("Dragonheart"). "Hercules" is a production of Hallmark Entertainment.