Title: Message
Not if handled by that crop of writers...Green was yet another of the many, many topics set forth in the OS that could have been explored in "Enterprise". Too bad his exposure was limited to a recording in a sub-standard show.
-----Original Message-----
From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Astromancer
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 14:30
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] "Enterprise" episode "Terra Prime"

Hmm...I would love to see an elaboration of this Colonel Green character...It would give me some more insight in the that last story...or maybe not...

Right, he appeared in the OS episode "The Savage Curtain", where beings on a planet of lava recreate figures from history that represent good and evil. They then make the two sides fight. The aliens had no real concept of  good and evil, and wanted to know which was stronger and how they differed. On the "good" team were Kirk, Spock, Surak (the father of Vulcan Logic), and Abraham Lincoln! The "evil" gang included father of the Klingon Empire Kahless, Genghis Khan, some creepy-looking alien lady who had experimented on her people, and Colonel Green, who had led a genocidal campaign on Earth.