Take a look at panel that made the list. It includes Phyllis
Schlafley. Any panel that includes her in any capacity is seriously
suspicious to begin with. Secondly, this is just a retooling of the
ridiculous thought that ideas can be dangerous. It's the same thought
process that leads books to banning. Interestingly they left off the
Turner Diaries which were inspirational in the formation of Aryan
Nations and the OKC Bombing. Shockingly a "think tank" of rich white
conservatives dont find overt racism particularly dangerous in light
of the terrors of sexuality and communism.

Bosco

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ten most harmful books of the 19th and 20th century.  (I sincerely
> wonder)
> _http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=7591_
> (http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=7591) ,
>
> For the life of me I don't know why Silent Spring should be
> considered one
> of the most harmful books. Conservatism is one thing but really! I
> haven't read
>  Ralph Nader's book either. I'm a Christian but I suspect some of
> these books
> are  on this list because American business is challenged.
>

> Carole McDonnell
> www.geocities.com/scifiwritir/OreoBlues.html
> So Long Been Dreaming - Arsenal Pulp Press.  www.arsenalpulp.com
> Fantastic Visions III - Fantasist Enterprises.
> www.fantasistent.com
> Easy Way to Write Bible Studies --
> easywaytowrite.com/bible_studies.html
> Then an angel came along - Pleasant  Word Books
> Life Spices from Seasoned Sistahs -  www.nubianimagespublishing.com
> Jigsaw Nation -- Wildside  Press

I got friends who are in prison and Friends who are dead.
I'm gonna tell ya something that I've often said.

You know these things that happen,
That's just the way it's supposed to be.
And I can't help but wonder,
Don't ya know it coulda been me.

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM