Appreciate your understanding. It ain't about his background: whether he grew
up poor or rich, educated or illiterate, amidst violence or in a safe
neighborhood. This ain't a class thing at all. It's to me about class and
respect, learning to choose your words and try to treat people with respect.
You're right: his bragging, sometimes insulting language is unnecessary.  I
find it more irritating because I do wish we Blacks would try to respect each
other more. Be monlithic in thought and deed? Of course not. But I'm from a
time when "Brother" meant something--it still should.

Okay--done with the ranting!

In a message dated 11/3/05 9:04:43 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> That's why I said what I said yesterday. 50 needs to shut the hell up. If
> he wants to rap about his street cred, his "hard" upbringing, how he's been
> shot 9 times and lived to tell the tale--well, that's between him, the record
> company, and the consumers. But I am sick beyond belief of our Black artists
> criticising and sniping at each other, putting each other done. This crap
> killed Pac and Biggie, got women like Eve and Foxy Brown battling verbally
> when
> each should have been happy to be making the dough. And it makes a mockery of
> anybody like 50 who dares say life, the 'hood, or Da Man has tried to keep
> him down. If he can't uplift and support his own Brothers--or at least, just
> shut up--then I don't want to hear anything from his mouth about life being
> hard for a Black man.

Agreed.   But then again It seems that the 'white' driven part of the rap
industry seems to thrive upon highlighting the 'gangbanging' part of the
hip-hop
life (even though many actual rappers feel otherwise).   Still their are those
like me who basicly came from the same background as 50.   And avoided much
of the crap he went thru (hell I still live in the 'hood'-by choice mind you).
And I don't brag about it.   So do others like Chuck D.   Infact it's
rappers like him that threaten to bring down rap.   But that's just me.

(rant over)

-GTW

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

 Visit your group "scifinoir2" on the web.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/LRMolB/TM