In a message dated 4/24/07 4:05:41 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> > would you believe i actually watched the whole thing?? **shudder** i
> > dunno why but i felt i had too. lol i've seen almost everything
> > starship troopers that there is. the only thing i haven't seen is vol 3
> > of the 1989 anime. that was probably the truest to the book of
> > anything. althought roughneck chronicles wasn't too bad.

As for the animated Starship Troopers series getting it right.   Um. Yes and
no.   The suits and training they got almost right (of course they'll get the
suits right).   The storyline started true-to-form but deviated from the book
around the series middle.   And the main character they f'ed up on being that
Jonny himself was a blond, blue eyed caucasion (not philipeno-which the
roughnecks series got right on).   But carmin was nearly spot on perfect.

Eitherway dispite it's pluses they got enough wrong on the project that the
Heinlin people didn' like it overall from what I heard.   Still it was alot
better than the movies.

And I'm still trying to get that f&**%ng series (finding a needie in a
haystay is easier).

-GTW