Didn't see either of them. like i said, some cartoons need to remain as
cartoons!

From: Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hmm...well, you have to admit...It is a hard one to translate to live
action...and you forgot about Bullwinkle and Rocky...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
And Scooby-Doo, don't forget Scooby-doo!

From: Daryle
Saw that trailer, too, huh? It¹s like this movie has nothing to DO with
³Underdog². They could have called it ³Ralph, The Dog Who Could Fly², and
nobody would have blinked.

I think this is one of those ³Garfield²/²Inspector Gadget²/²Rocky &
Bullwinkle² movies that we will all just...pretend never happened.

On 7/26/07 12:55 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
wrote:

> Okay, someone explain to me why Disney took a goofy, funny cartoon like
> "Underdog"--complete with bipedal, talking dogs who co-existed in the world
> with humans as equals--and turned it into a live-action piece of junk? When I
> heard there was a movie--actually, i was in the theatre and the name flashed
> on screen--I was intrigued. I watched Underdog as a kid and loved it. Sure,
> the animation was weak, the voices all done by about three people. Theme song
> is corny. But I loved it. But, as I started reminiscing, I saw the trailer
> for the new movie, and soon I was really irritated. Why change from a cartoon
> to live action? Why use a real dog, who looks incredibly stiff and stupid
> flying around? Why introduce all these idiotic humans, and make Underdog
> basically a pet of some dopey kid? Why change from a world of sentient
> animals to another one of those where they all talk and stuff, but humans
> never know it? This is "Underdog" in name only. And Lord save me from
> another "Babe"/"Dr
> . Doolittle" style movie with CGI mouths animated for talking animals.
>
> I've long had a problem with America's sad abandonment of 2D animation in
> favor of 3D CGI and FX-obssession. Sometimes it makes sense, as with the
> recent "Transformers" movie. But many times, a cartoon should remain a
> cartoon. I feel sorry for kids who'll see what in all probability will be
> another throwaway forgettable cutesy movie with poop and butt-sniffing jokes.
> I can only imagine the movie will suck. With John Belushi and a beagle as
> stars, how can it do anything else?
>
> The original series may be old, but it's still fun. Or maybe I'm just getting
> old? :(
>
> Official Disney site here: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/underdog/
> Example of original cartoon here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_-mMIClI14

"Let’s just saying you know more than you think, but we’re not going to help
you figure it out." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: