He Only runs a branch of Torchwood, not the entire Institute. But I do
not think you should think of Capt. Jack Harkness as an "American" as we
know Americans any more than Dr. Who, the Time Lord, as a Brit.  Because
of his background and expertise, he is likely considered enough of an
asset to lead a branch of Torchwood.   He is a former member of the Time
Agents, humans who travel through time to maintain history. He was born
in America in the 51st century and left the Agency after they stole two
years of his memories and became a con man, using a stolen Chula
spaceship to travel through time.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote

> I don;t know his nationality. It seems odd that that a British secret
> agency
> has an American leader.

> http://www.aol. com <http://www.aol.com>

<*> Your email settings: