(having nervous breakdown at mere *thought* of having TV broken...)

Bosco Bosco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          I don't even get channels of
any kind. I have three TVs and the
tuners are broken on all three. The function exclusively with the DVD
Players. I am hopeful that with the DVR, I can avoid becoming a TV
Zombie and just watch what I record.

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> i actually got cable way back because everywhere i've lived in
> Atlanta, i've gotten ghosts on my TV when using rabbit ears. so i
> got cable and have had it ever since. about three years ago i got
> rid of all the premium channels (HBO, Showtime, etc) as i wasn't
> keeping up on the series lie "Sopranos" and all the movies I want
> to say are repeated so much. Long as i can get SciFi Channel,
> Cartoon Network, Discovery, American Movie Classics, Turner Classic
> Movies, and the History Channel, I'm okay

> From: Bosco Bosco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I don't have cable TV. I am watching this at my girlfriends place
> on
> her cable DVR. I have not seen most of the other stuff that Sci-Fi
> has produced. I did see Dune and I had a super mixed reaction. I
> was
> amazed to find one of my favorite stories of all time had become a
> really well produced well cast enducement for snoring.
>
> I am actually gonna get cable after Christmas. I haven't had
> channels
> in ten years. Should be an interesting change of pace.
>
> Bosco
> --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > cool, thanks for the comments. I'll watch it this weekend.
> Assuming
> > you watched all the other scifi/fantasy miniseries of the last
> > several years (The Odyssey, Gulliver's Travels, Arabian Nights,
> > Hercules, Dinotopia, Merlin, etc.) how does it rank? I think some
> > of the same team produced it as some of those others, no?

> > From: Bosco Bosco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > I watched part one last night. I found it interesting and
> creative
> > reimagining of the tale but it has a lot of the typical short
> > comings
> > of Sci-fi channel original programing. The script and the
> dialogue
> > can tend to get a little awkward. There are some cheesy plot
> points
> > and the direction and editing can feel ham handed. On the
> flipside,
> > it's really pretty fun so far and the story is has been both
> > intriguing and relatively well conceived. It's good enough to
> drive
> > me to finish it this weekend before my girl has to go back to
> Mass
> > for another ten days of work.
> >
> > I'll probably netflix it when it is released on DVD in the
> future.
> > probably will not buy it. Unless my kids really want it.
> >
> > Bosco
> > --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone? not hearing any reviews. I have the next
> week-and-a-half
> > > off from work, and wondering if i should watch the miniseries,
> or
> > > clear up the tape for "Avatar" and "Legion of Superheroes"

> > > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Keith Johnson)
> > >
> > > When I realized "Tin Man" was a three-part miniseries, and that
> [...]

Be a better friend, newshound, and

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"