thanks for the heads up. they did a "Threshold" marathon today. Looks like it's
"Roswell" tomorrow

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Speaking of "Firefly", did anyone notice that Skiffy is doing a sort of
reverse-marathon with the show? Friday 7 p.m. to 3 a.m., rather than the usual
span, if anyone's interested.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: god, why remind me? I reviewed "Last Legion" for
y'all, know i have the review somewhere around here. that movie was *horrible*,
unlike "King Arthur", which always moves me, always leaves me wanting more...

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Yeah, I think that was it. There was also a recent one, "The Last Legion", that
seemed to do the same thing.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: good point. Are you talking about "Camelot", (I think
that was the name), the Technicolor film from back in the day? I know at least
one treatment of the Arthurian legend removed the magic.

Now, "King Arthur" did also remove the magic, but i really like that
movie.Watched it twice last week on FX

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Felt like one of the two or three movies I remember about the retelling of the
Arthurian legend, in which all the magic was removed. It's like art without
color.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: "Hercules" was just plain awful...the rest had their
moments. I wasn't too fun of "merlin", though. I found it to be dull, not
having either the magic of the legends, nor a good tale sans magic.

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I'll put it even with everything you you listed, save for "Hercules" (which I
never was able to get into). None of them wowed or insulted me.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: cool, thanks for the comments. I'll watch it this
weekend. Assuming you watched all the other scifi/fantasy miniseries of the
last several years (The Odyssey, Gulliver's Travels, Arabian Nights, Hercules,
Dinotopia, Merlin, etc.) how does it rank? I think some of the same team
produced it as some of those others, no?

From: Bosco Bosco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I watched part one last night. I found it interesting and creative
reimagining of the tale but it has a lot of the typical short comings
of Sci-fi channel original programing. The script and the dialogue
can tend to get a little awkward. There are some cheesy plot points
and the direction and editing can feel ham handed. On the flipside,
it's really pretty fun so far and the story is has been both
intriguing and relatively well conceived. It's good enough to drive
me to finish it this weekend before my girl has to go back to Mass
for another ten days of work.

I'll probably netflix it when it is released on DVD in the future. I
probably will not buy it. Unless my kids really want it.

Bosco
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Anyone? not hearing any reviews. I have the next week-and-a-half
> off from work, and wondering if i should watch the miniseries, or
> clear up the tape for "Avatar" and "Legion of Superheroes"

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Keith Johnson)
>
> When I realized "Tin Man" was a three-part miniseries, and that
> tonight would run it up against "Heroes" and "K*Ville", i elected
> to record the whole thing and watch it this weekend in one long
> marathon. Anyone watch part one last night? How was it?
>
> Hoping it was as cool as the trailers led me to hope...

I got friends who are in prison and Friends who are dead.
I'm gonna tell ya something that I've often said.

You know these things that happen,
That's just the way it's supposed to be.
And I can't help but wonder,
Don't ya know it coulda been me.

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"