Statements like this almost always get you in trouble, no matter what you
intend. Whenever you say that an evil person didn't set out to do evil, it's
bound to cause issues. I'm not sure what the exact quote from Smith is, as he
obviously seems to think he was misquoted...

*******************
http://www.examiner.com/a-1122731~Will_Smith_Angered_by_Misinterpretation.html
LOS ANGELES (Map, News) - Will Smith is angry over celebrity gossip Web site
articles that he said misinterpreted a recent remark he made in a Scottish
newspaper about Adolf Hitler. In a story published Saturday in the Daily
Record, Smith was quoted saying: "Even Hitler didn't wake up going, 'let me do
the most evil thing I can do today.' I think he woke up in the morning and
using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good.'"
The quote was preceded by the writer's observation: "Remarkably, Will believes
everyone is basically good."
Over the weekend, dozens of celebrity gossip Web sites posted articles about
the comment, many saying that Smith believed that Hitler was a "good" person.