i hear you, i feel for celebs and the fishbowls in which they live. Then there
are the ones who *seek* the press, yet bemoan their treatment.
okay, so what did you say (or do) after this fire?!

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I know that, in H'Wood, microphones are stuck in celebs' faces with annoying
regularity, leaving them with no option but to say something. As we all know,
too often, this evokes off-the-cuff responses that can be translated in a
myriad of ways. Mind you, I'm not saying that Smith actually said anything to
this effect, or defending the fact that he said it. Myself, I've only had one
mike stuck in my face in my life, that at one of the worst possible moments of
my life (as I watched my apartment burning). What I said was easily
translatable and, had there not been two large members of DeKalb County's
Finest on hand at the moment, would've resulted in a long term of incarceration
for yours truly. IMO, the best thing to do in that sitch, not readily available
for celebs like Smith, is to push the mike away and walk on.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Statements like this almost always get you in trouble,
no matter what you intend. Whenever you say that an evil person didn't set out
to do evil, it's bound to cause issues. I'm not sure what the exact quote from
Smith is, as he obviously seems to think he was misquoted...

*******************
http://www.examiner.com/a-1122731~Will_Smith_Angered_by_Misinterpretation.html
LOS ANGELES (Map, News) - Will Smith is angry over celebrity gossip Web site
articles that he said misinterpreted a recent remark he made in a Scottish
newspaper about Adolf Hitler. In a story published Saturday in the Daily
Record, Smith was quoted saying: "Even Hitler didn't wake up going, 'let me do
the most evil thing I can do today.' I think he woke up in the morning and
using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good.'"
The quote was preceded by the writer's observation: "Remarkably, Will believes
everyone is basically good."
Over the weekend, dozens of celebrity gossip Web sites posted articles about
the comment, many saying that Smith believed that Hitler was a "good" person.

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"