I completely forgot about that plum assignment, rave. Is it possible to use
negative numbers in ratings?

--- On Tue, 8/26/08, ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: ravenadal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: OT: Who Are You Watching to Cover the DNC?
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 6:56 PM

            His mother?  Gloria Vanderbilt?  The heiress blue jeans lady?  Do
you

totally dismiss the street cred he gained from hosting "The Mole"? (I

gleefully remember Cooper's total disdain for MTV's Alison Stewart

when they co-hosted ABC Overnight back in the day (me, I always

thought Stewart was hot - especially with her glasses on).

~rave!

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, Martin <truthseeker_ [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don't even *mention* AC in my presence, please. What kind of

journalistic credibility has he ever had? heck, his *only* pedigree

comes from his mother.

> http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=fQUxw9aUVik

sad. Blitzer

> is a self important windbag, Anderson Cooper is becoming a troll

and

> the rest is even worse.

> I watched MSNBC's coverage which was ok with the exception of

> Buchanan's racist babblings disguised as commentary. But Eugene

> Robinson, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman more

than

wrote:

> > And, on an entirely serious note, I admit freely that I cried

like

wrote:

> > From: KeithBJohnson@ ... <KeithBJohnson@ ...>

> > Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Re: OT: Who Are You Watching to Cover

the

> DNC?

> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com

> > Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 11:25 PM

> > We had the same experience, then. I was on CNN, went into the

> kitchen, realized Obama's sister wasn't being covered, and also,

> caught Carter's interview on PBS. That sold me. I've been

> increasingly dissatisfied with most news channels recently,

populated

> as they are with large panels of analysts who have to shout over

each

> other to get their five seconds' worth of TV time. PBS is

> intelligent, concise, and feels so much more relaxing. What a

wonder

> not to suffer through people shouting over each other!

time,

> it

> > don't get much better than that!

> > Truly enjoyed the whole Michelle Obama segment from the video

about

> > her mother and father to her brother's introduction through her

> > bringing her "elegant and delightful" daughters up on stage to

Obama

> > congratulating her via videotape.

> > ~rave!

> > --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, KeithBJohnson@ ... wrote:

> > > What station are you watching to cover the Democratic National

> > Convention? As usual, I started out with CNN, but frankly that

> > station's been disappointing me recently. Maybe it started when t

> > hey

> > started hiring the likes of Pat Buchanan for equal time. Maybe

it's

> > the Glenn Becks and other shrill loudmouths they brought on to

> answer

> > the call of Fox's shrill loudmouths. Maybe it's that all the

anchors

> > and hosts have to pimp themselves out by saying "the best

political

> > team on television" all the time; again, in homage to Fox. Or

maybe

> > it's just the fact that I'm tired of the same old group of people

> > talking all the time. Whatever. I just noticed that everytime I

> turned

> > to CNN, Wolf Blitzer or Anderson Cooper or someone was yammering

on

> > about polls and strategies, pulling out the fancy electronic maps

> and

> > fancy computer tricks, while in the background stuff was going on

> > wanted to *see*. I was really upset when Obama's sister spoke and

> CNN

> > focused on Wolf Blitzer, while her voice co

> > > uld barely be heard in the background. Then Wolf threw out "the

> Best

> > Political Team on Television" and they cut to commercial.

> > > So, as I f

> > ind myself doing more and more recently, I turned to PBS

> > and Jim Lehrer's group. There I got to see Obama's sister speak in

> > entirety. I got professional, level-headed analysis by

professional

> > people, without shouting, loudtalking and posing for the camera.

> got

> > to listen to analysts actually get more than "hurry up you have

five

> > seconds before we go to commercial", and actually get time to

talk