I actually watched some of Democracy Now's coverage. I watched a lot
of the B-List speakers on C-Span. It was good to see those
uninterrupted and without the pundits.

Why isn't the mainstream media talking about speeches from Dennis
Kucinich and Montana governor Brian Schweitzer. They got bigger
reactions than Ed Rendell and Mark Warner.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Amy Harlib" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   Forget the corporate media propaganda machine!  Please go to
independent media coverage from Pacifica Radio and especially from
www.democracynow.org .  Please check it out!
>   Amy
>
>   Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Re: OT: Who Are You Watching to Cover
the DNC?

>         Dude
>
>         I was flowing like baby during Sen. Kennedy and Michelle
Obama. I felt a little disheartened with the announcement of the
running mate choice of Biden on Saturday and lost some perspective.
Then during the telecast of the convention, my brain hit reset and
the enormity of it all sank into me all at once when Sen Kennedy took
the stage. Within seconds I was overwhelmed and my eyes were like
faucets.

>         Bosco
>
>         --- On Tue, 8/26/08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>           From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>           Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Re: OT: Who Are You Watching to
Cover the DNC?
>           To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
>           Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 10:43 AM
>

>           Amen, Brother! I also got misty-eyed when Michelle Obama
was preceeded by that fine video retrospective, narrated by her
mother's tremulous voice.  Did I hear it was produced by Ken Burns?

that I cried like a newborn during Senator Kennedy's speech.

<KeithBJohnson@ comcast.net>
>                     Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Re: OT: Who Are You
Watching to Cover the DNC?
>                     To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com
>                     Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 11:25 PM
>

>                     We had the same experience, then. I was on CNN,
went into the kitchen, realized Obama's sister wasn't being covered,
and also, caught Carter's interview on PBS. That sold me. I've been
increasingly dissatisfied with most news channels recently, populated
as they are with large panels of analysts who have to shout over each
other to get their five seconds' worth of TV time. PBS is
intelligent, concise, and feels so much more relaxing. What a wonder
not to suffer through people shouting over each other!

KeithBJohnson@ ... wrote:
>                       >
>                       > What station are you watching to cover the
Democratic National
>                       Convention? As usual, I started out with CNN,
but frankly that
>                       station's been disappointing me recently.
Mayb e it started when t hey
>                       started hiring the likes of Pat Buchanan for
equal time. Maybe it's
>                       the Glenn Becks and other shrill loudmouths
they brought on to answer
>                       the call of Fox's shrill loudmouths. Maybe
it's that all the anchors
>                       and hosts have to pimp themselves out by
saying "the best political
>                       team on television" all the time; again, in
homage to Fox. Or maybe
>                       it's just the fact that I'm tired of the same
old group of people
>                       talking all the time. Whatever. I just
noticed that everytime I turned
>                       to CNN, Wolf Blitzer or Anderson Cooper or
someone was yammering on
>                       about polls and strategies, pulling out the
fancy electronic maps and
>                       fancy computer tricks, while in the
background stuff was going on I
>                       wanted to *see*. I was really upset when
Obama's sister spoke and CNN
>                       focused on Wolf Blitzer, while her voice co
>                       > uld barely be heard in the background. Then
Wolf threw out "the Best
>                       Political Team on Television" and they cut to
commercial .
>                       > So, as I f ind myself doing more and more
recently, I turned to PBS
>                       and Jim Lehrer's group. There I got to see
Obama's sister speak in
>                       entirety. I got professional, level-headed
analysis by professional
>                       people, without shouting, loudtalking and
posing for the camera. I got
>                       to listen to analysts actually get more
than "hurry up you have five
>                       seconds before we go to commercial", and
actually get time to talk in
>                       full conversations, without being rushed. I
got intelligence with
>                       PBS, while my beloved CNN gave me more
surface and posturing. So it's
>                       PBS that'll be my source for the rest of the
DNC this week.