From: votomguy <votom...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [RE][scifinoir2] Is Octavia Butler underrated in mainstream sci-fi
press?
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 9:07 PM

Before the hiphop/street novel craze, my mom told me about an article (this was
in the 90s) that said that Publishers refuse to publish books because black men
don't read enough. To which I replied, "If they never publish the books then
how will we ever find anything to read." My mom simply said that maybe
publishers don't want black men to read.