It was not well received.  It only did $39 million at the box office (on the
other hand, it only cost $12 mil).  I first saw it at an art house with a bunch
of Taratino fan boys who hated it because it wasn't "Pulp Fiction 2."  What it
is is another Leonard Elmore book to film adaptation, more in line with "Get
Shorty" and "Be Cool" than "Pulp Fiction."  "Jackie Brown" is full of great
performances from the likes of Robert DeNiro (hilariously dim-witted), Samuel
L. Jackson (who slowly morphs into Mephistopheles), Bridget Fonda, Michael
Keaton, Robert Forster and, last but not least, Pam Grier.  Tarantino's
showcase homage for blaxploitation queen Grier is chase and respectful - which,
alas, may have something to do with the tepid box office.

~rave!