I agree with you all the way, Tracey.

"If all the world's a stage and all the people merely players, who in bloody
hell hired the director?" -- Charles L Grant

To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
From: tdli...@multiculturaladvantage.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:21:48 -0800
Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] Re: "The Invaders" on SyFY

I prefer them to  syfy regular ”reality  TV.”
In fact, it seems to me that they should be showing exactly that in the middle
of the day and late night.  But they don’t.  We love to vilify
them for their decisions, but most of them are for short time profits.  I
think short –term ( quarterly) profits drive many of their decisions.
If they own the rights, then something might be up with the ratings compared to
the crap the show day in and day out.  You  need to remember, that
scifi fans are not their target audience anymore.

I would likely indulge in some of the old shows from time to
time, but the people who like the most dangerous night  on Television and
Lots of those ghostbusters reality tv stuff.  Real scifi fans don’t
go for that type of stuff

For me, Tracey, they're holding up better than Siffy's usual fare.