From: "Kelwyn" <ravena...@yahoo.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 7:10:42 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Swordfish

I think "Monster's Ball" should be seen as part of Lee Daniels' oeuvre, this
would include the heavily lauded "Precious" and the little appreciated
"Shadowboxer." In fact, "Precious" actually deepens my appreciation of Halle's
Academy Award performance. Daniels is an emerging master of both ensemble
casting and performance

Likewise, I think "Titantic" should be seen as part of James Cameron's oeuvre.
I recently re-saw "The Abyss" and it confirmed my opinion that even when
Cameron is "bad," he is good. I don't believe there is anybody better at
well-crafted populist cinema that Cameron.

~rave!