Makes sense.  If felt like that.  Too bad.  Both films would have worked
better as separate entities then as one film.

So what do you think about the new plan?

-----Original Message-----
From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scifino...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of B Smith
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2010 7:37 PM
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Riddick 3 Is On Its Way

Part of the problem with Chronicles was that it was two movies of story
crammed into one film. Twohy and Diesel wanted to do a trilogy and when the
suits balked they ended up cramming too much material into one movie.

So the Riddick on the run, events on the prison planet and intro of the
Necros was the first movie, the later events were the second film and the
quest into the Underverse and Necromonger backstory would have been the
third.

I wonder if this movie fits into that original plan.

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, "Tracey de Morsella" <tdli...@...> wrote:

> Misreading, I always post as I work and try to rush to get back to work,
> leading to a garbling of my posts.    I agree that they do try to drive
what
> they want the public to want, instead of what it might really want

Some
> of the concepts are amazing, sweeping: The Necromonger forces, those giant
> statues they landed on planets, the whole strange holy war thing. Great
> stuff, should have resulted in a film as impressive as LOTR. But too much
> time was wasted on standard scifi cliches, like the whole prison planet
> thing, and not enough time actually with the Necros. Just missed the mark,
> and I've always wanted a return to that world to see it done right.

Variety