I have to agree with you on the seven of nine thing. It would have been
funnier if she were named six of nine. :) I think that character's out fit
will go down in history as the sexiest star fleet uniform ever.

I think that they didn't want to get into the temporal war because it would
have been too hard to explain. I don't think that any tv series has taken on
the task to try to do time travel cause and effect in depth (except Heroes
and the Xmen cartoon).