Really?! I didn't know that. I was so impressed with that plane's hovering
ability and maneuverability.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Baxter" <martinbaxt...@gmail.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2010 6:12:54 AM
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] US Army Orders Lockheed-Martin’s Mystery Airship

I saw the same program, Keith, and a few others, famously including a segment
of "Heavy Metal" on the History Channel. The pilot they interviewed was talking
up the ship so lovingly that I recall thinking that he and it needed to get a
room together somewhere. A few months later, as I was logging out of one of my
Warmmail accounts, a story on the MSN homepage drew my eye.

"Pilot Stuck in Cockpit"

The F-22's canopy had a problem deploying (which later records showed to be a
fairly endemic issue throughout the F-22 fleet), and the pilot inside, stuck
for over two hours, was wearing a murderous look on his face. As I chuckled, I
noted his name.

It was the same pilot from the "Heavy Metal" segment.

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 10:27 PM, Keith Johnson < keithbjohn...@comcast.net >
wrote:

I only know about the F-22 through the PBS special that details the competition
between Lockheed and Boeing for that Joint Strikeforce Fighter. The program's
pretty cool, and the plane seemed impressed. Give us the skinny, please...